100% Quality Guarantee on All Fittings! Free samples delivery.
Sockolet MSS-SP 97
A Sockolet is similar to a Weldolet, with the difference that the branch pipe is connected to the run pipe, via the fitting, with a socket weld connection as per ASME B16.11. Manufactured in 3000#, 6000# and 9000# classes. It is safe and reliable, reduces the cost, simple construction, improves the medium flow channel, and series.
2. Sockolet Dimensions Class 3000 & Class 6000
3. Sockolet Weight Chart
3. Sockolet vs Weldolet
- The end connection of the Sockolet is suitable for socket welding. The end of the Weldolet is designed for buttweld connections.
- Sockolet belongs to the “socket fittings” family and is available in classes 3000#, 6000#, and 9000#. Weldolet belongs to “buttweld fittings”, available in Thickness SCH STD, SCH XS, SCH 160 to SCH XXS.
- Sockolets are used for lower pressure applications, and smaller pipe diameters, but the expense is higher. Weldolets are Compatible with higher pressure and simple connection, cost lower.
4. Carbon Steel A105 Sockolet
ASTM A105 Sockolet Chemical Composition
0.40 max (1)
0.40 max (1)
0.30 max (1-2)
0.12 max (1-2)
(1) The sum of copper, nickel, chromium, molybdenum, and vanadium shall not exceed 1.00%.
(2) The sum of chromium and molybdenum shall not exceed 0.32%.
(3) For each reduction of 0.01% below the specified carbon maximum (0.35%), an increase of 0.06% of manganese above the specified maximum (1.05%) will be permitted up to a maximum of 1.35%.
ASTM A105 Sockolet Mechanical Properties
Tensile Strength, min
70,000 psi (485 MPa]
Min. Yield Point:
36,000 psi [250 MPa]
Reduction of area, min
Hardness, HB, max
ASTM A182 F316 Stainless Steel sockolet is integrally reinforced branch fittings that are safer and more reliable. The advantages of easy usage, good performance, and durability make it highly demanded by customers.
High-quality SS 316L Sockolet manufacturer, offers best price branch fittings in any size according to ASME and MSS standards. Free samples are available.
6. Supply Range of Sockolet Fitting
- Standard: MSS-SP-97
- Main Pipe OD: up to 48”
- Branch Pipe OD: 1/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1 1/4″, 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″, 3″, 4″
- Pressure Ratings: Class 3000, Class 6000
- Materials: ASTM A105, ASTM A182, ASTM A403,etc
- Surface: Anti-rust Oil and Galvanized.
7. How To Order Sockolet?
When you need to buy Sockolets and other branch fittings, please advise the following information:
- Specify Sockolet Size (Branch & Header)
Header run pipe size (which is generally expressed as a range of possible sizes, for example, 36-22)
Branch pipe size (the NPS of the connecting pipe to the run pipe, for example, 6 inches)
- Indicate Rating/Class or Schedule/Pipe Wall
Class 3000 or 6000 Sockolet
- Select Material
Material Grade (example A105, A350 LF2, A182 F304)
Also, other types of branch fitting are available: Weldolet, Threadolet, Elbolet, Latrolet, Sweeploet, Insert Weldolet, Nipolet, coupolet etc.