100% Quality Guarantee on All Fittings! Free samples delivery.
Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings
Socket welding is an excellent welding option to join fittings and pipes. Based on applications, Socket weld pipe fittings include socket weld elbow, socket weld tee, socket weld lateral tee, socket weld cross, socket weld cap, socket weld coupling, socket weld half coupling, socket weld union, and socket weld reducer insert.
1. Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings Definition
Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings are family members of high-pressure pipe fittings. Socket Weld Fittings, with a Socket Weld, a pipe is inserted into a recessed area of the fitting and both the pipe and fitting are square cut. They are available in class 3000, 6000 and 9000.
In contrast to butt weld fittings, Socket Weld Fittings are mainly used for small Pipe Diameters. These fittings have the advantage of providing strength similar to a welded joint while offering speed and efficiency when joining pipe, tube, fittings, and valves together.
- Stainless steel socket weld fittings are rated for 3000 LB, 6000 LB, and 9000 LB.
- Forged stainless steel material conforms to ASME A182
- Forged stainless steel fitting dimensions conform to ASME B16.11
- NPT threads conform to ASME B1.20.1
- Socket weld pipe fittings conform to ASME B16.11
- Forged stainless unions conform to MSS SP-83
- Forged stainless outlets conform to MSS SP-97
- Forged stainless socket weld inserts conform to MSS SP-79
① Size: 1/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1 1/4″, 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″, 3″, 4″
② Grade: F304 / 304L / 304H / 316 / 316L / 317 / 317L / 321 / 310 / 347 / 904L
③ Type: Elbow, Tee, Lateral Tee, Union, Cross, Coupling, Cap, Insert.
3. Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings Catalogue
Stainless steel socket weld fittings are available in pressure 3000 LB, 6000 LB and 9000 LB.
45 Degree Elbow
1/8″ to 4″ class 3000 socket weld 45D elbow
1/8″ to 4″ class 6000 socket weld 45D elbow
1/2″ to 2″ class 9000 socket weld 45D elbow
90 Degree Elbow
1/8″ to 4″ class 3000 socket weld 90D elbow
1/8″ to 4″ class 6000 socket weld 90D elbow
1/2″ to 2″ class 9000 socket weld 90D elbow
1/8″ to 4″ class 3000 socket weld tee
1/8″ to 4″ class 6000 socket weld tee
1/2″ to 2″ class 9000 socket weld tee
1/8″ to 2″ class 3000 socket weld lateral tee
1/2″ to 2″ class 6000 socket weld lateral tee
1/2″ to 1 1/2″ class 9000 socket weld lateral tee
1/8″ to 4″ class 3000 socket weld cross
1/8″ to 4″ class 6000 socket weld 45D cross
1/2″ to 2″ class 9000 socket weld 45D cross
1/8″ to 4″ class 3000 socket weld pipe cap
1/8″ to 4″ class 6000 socket weld pipe cap
1/8″ to 4″ class 3000 socket weld full coupling
1/8″ to 4″ class 6000 socket weld full coupling
1/2″ to 2″ class 9000 socket weld full coupling
1/8″ to 4″ class 3000 socket weld half coupling
1/8″ to 4″ class 6000 socket weld half coupling
1/2″ to 2″ class 9000 socket weld half coupling
1/8″ to 4″ class 3000 socket weld pipe reducer
1/8″ to 4″ class 6000 socket weld pipe reducer
1/2″ to 2″ class 9000 socket weld pipe reducer
Reducer Inserts Type 1
Nominal Pipe sizes from 1/4″ x 1/8″ to 2″ x 1 1/2″
Reducer Inserts Type 2
Nominal Pipe sizes from 1/2″ x 1/4″ to 2″ x 1 1/4″
1/8″ to 3″ class 3000 socket weld union
1/8″ to 2″ class 6000 socket weld union
4. Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings Dimensions
5. Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings Weight
- 304 Socket weld Fittings
- 304L Socket weld Fittings
- 304H Socket weld Fittings
- 310/310S Socket weld Fittings
- 310H Socket weld Fittings
- 316/316L Socket weld Fittings
- 316Ti Socket weld Fittings
- 317 Socket weld Fittings
- 317L Socket weld Fittings
- 321/321H Socket weld Fittings
- 347 Socket weld Fittings
- 347H Socket weld Fittings
- 410 Socket weld Fittings
- 904L Socket weld Fittings
7. Socket Weld Fittings VS Butt Weld Fittings
- Socket weld fitting end shall be square cut, well, the end of the butt weld fittings should be beveled.
- The socket weld Fittings usually resist around half the strength of butt weld fittings. Butt weld fittings have been found to be the best in terms of fatigue, strength, compliance with temperature, and resistance to corrosion.
- Socket weld fittings are quite easy to install, butt weld fittings could be difficult to weld and fit up properly.
- Socket weld fittings, the price is much higher than butt weld fittings with a similar size. However, the extra cost with butt weld fittings is higher for installation than socket weld fittings.
8. Socket Weld Fittings VS Galvanized Steel Fittings
- Stainless steel has chromium melted into it. This chromium makes it resistant to rust for a long time. Galvanized steel has a coating of zinc on the surface only.
- Comparing the cost, galvanized steel is cheaper than stainless steel. But the service life is no longer stainless steel.
9. Stainless Steel Socket Weld Fittings Applications
- Off-Shore Oil Drilling
- Power Generation
- Gas Processing
- Pharmaceutical Equipment
- Specialty Chemicals
- Chemical Equipment
- Sea Water Equipment
- Heat Exchangers
Check our latest products